Maintenance and Reliability Supervisor
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Maintenance and Reliability Supervisor I will coordinate the repair and maintenance of machinery, vehicles, and equipment. We seek a professional who will focus on tactical and operational activities and align and implement reliability practices and programs. In this role, you will lead all aspects of maintenance, repair and project planning and stay up to date with industry best practices.
- Operate, monitor, and maintain machines and production equipment.
- Collaborate with senior team members to identify opportunities to improve reliability and resolve acceptable risk tolerance for equipment.
- Participate in project planning, cost estimation, tracking and payback justification.
- Engage the employees responsible for the repairs and maintenance of equipment and machines.
- Plan and prioritize work orders, scheduling overall repair and maintenance to minimize production downtime and disruptions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
“The business will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.”
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience supporting audit compliance and root/cause analysis processes.
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of maintenance workflow processes (planning, scheduling, coordination, work execution, kitting, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical and electrical troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others (influencing skills).
- Demonstrated execution capacity and ability to work with limited supervision, managing multiple priorities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written within multiple levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated change management skills.
- One year of supervisory experience.
- SAP experience.
- Working with contract labor.
- Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional (CMRP) certification
- Formal training in Predictive Maintenance technologies (vibration, infrared thermography, motor circuit, ultrasound, non-destructive examination)
- Formal training in RE principles (cause analysis, 5Y, Operator Care, RCM, FMEA, 5S)
- Experience with SAP Plant Maintenance
- Experience with managing a budget and asset accounting system
- Green or Black Belt certification
- Experience with Corn Milling equipment and processes
- Basic understanding of food safety practices, OSHA and environmental regulationsc
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.