Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Mechanical Superintendent directs and coordinates the activities of a team engaged in repair, maintenance and installation of machines tools and equipment, maintenance of buildings and grounds and utility systems. We seek a seasoned professional with the interpersonal skills to foster a culture of providing safe, quality, and cost effective maintenance programs. In this role you will lead our team of highly technical individuals to troubleshoot and handle problems.
- Develop preventive maintenance programs.
- Coordinate and integrates with other plant functions to ensure support.
- Ensure work is performed following safety guidelines to ensure health and wellbeing of employees.
- Resolve maintenance priorities based on established plans and assigns tasks.
- Oversee maintenance activities to ensure that disruption to production is minimized.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for compliance with all legal activities and acting as nominated person where required (according plant organization when required).
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience managing tasks across multiple crafts (electrical, plumbing, carpentry)
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- 4-5 years in supervisory of mechanical tasks and coordinators
- Fluent in English
- Advanced knowledge of M&R processes, best practices, tools/systems, PdM techniques (vibration, oil analysis, ultrasound , thermography) , equipment (static and rotating) and complex repair activities
- Execution and knowledge of budget/costs management and control
- Demonstrated experience in leading , engage and develop M&R execution mechanical teams in a complex facility (chemical, food industry)
- Experience in contractor selection and management
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/