· Implements Cargill environmental, health, and safety and health procedures and processes including those associated with Plant /project start-ups. Modifies environmental, health, and safety programs to meet the company requirements/specifications.
· Identifies and evaluates hazardous conditions and practices at the Plant / project on an ongoing basis and develops hazard control practices and programs.
· Leads the Plant management in the investigation of incidents/injuries (including subcontractor injuries), and provides analysis of cause along with recommendations for corrective action. Completes, maintains and reports incident/injury information in accordance with Cargill protocols.
· Tracks and analyzes account EHS statistics and makes recommendations for correction of problem areas. Establishes improvement actions/targets based on Cargill injury prevention goals and/or key performance indicators.
· Guides and assists Plant team members in addressing and correcting environmental,health, and safety issues. Performs environmental, health, and safety audits at least once a year and develops action plans to correct deficiencies.
· Performs environmental, health, and safety training on PBI plant team members in accordance with company, PEZA, CIP and local regulatory requirements and develops and conducts environmental, health, and safety training to address specific needs. Conducts new employee and subcontractor EHS orientation training and contributes to pre-construction and weekly construction meetings.
· Manages and builds upon the on-going relationship with PEZA, CIP and local EHS authorities and organizations. Prepares and submits local EHSS reporting requirements to appropriate authorities.
· Sole Controller of the issuance of safety permits for wroks requiring additional safety intervention and non-routinary jobs.
· Works in cooperation with Corporate EHSS, Legal, and Carmelray Industrial Park EHS and locators in regulatory scheduled sessions to ensure regulatory compliance, permit renewals, EMS and community relation issues are addressed.
· Provides direction and leadership to PBI management on regulatory issues on EHSS including compliance, interpretations, inspections, and the investigation of notices of violations, notices of non-compliance and citation resolution.
· Provides oversight relative to subcontractor adherence to PBI environmental, health, and safety specifications. Determines whether subcontractors meet PBI pre-qualification criteria for EHS. Reviews and reinforces environmental, health, and safety programs with those subcontractors not meeting the minimum environmental, health, and safety criteria and provides direction for their improvement.
· Acts as a technical EHSS resource of the site or project and provides technical support for other assigned sites/projects as needed.
· Reviews all new work being proposed to the account for potential environment and safety impact. Determines appropriate environmental, health, and safety resources and develops the cost structure for the work being proposed. Works with PBI local management team to formulate an action plan when work is highly hazardous and/or outside of the company's core business from an EHS perspective.
· Keeps abreast of environmental, health, and safety industry best practices, and technological developments and equipment to remain up-to-date on EHS systems, devices and techniques designed to eliminate or minimize hazards. Keeps current on regulatory requirements pertaining to environmental, health, and safety.
· Leads project teams that address PBI-wide environmental, health, and safety issues to develop new processes and related materials, and to update existing programs.
· Coordinates and supervise third party security personnel.
· Deploys plant security standard on third party security personnel· Other duties as assigned or required by immediate manager
Minimum Required Qualifications
•Must atleast be a technical graduate.
•Must be computer literate.
•Must have a solid experience on any manufacturing environment.
•Must atleast know the Basic Safety and Environmental regulations of the country.
•Must be an OSHAS or BOSH certified.
·Held a Safety officer or Pollution control Officer position for atlast a year
·Have Supervisory experience
·Background on Environment regulations
·Basic understanding of Waste water operations
·Basic understanding of Security protocols and procedures
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.