Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
A General Labourer is an important role to play in the daily operations of our facility. There are a variety of roles and responsibilities within this title. Responsible for daily completion of production processes within a work area, operational department, operational support area, or technical domain. While performing the duties of General Laborer, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or cold conditions with slippery surfaces at varied heights; moving mechanical parts; fast paced, temperature-controlled environments. Positions require standing the entire shift, the use of stairs, potential heavy lifting, and repetitive motion. As safety is our number one priority all company safety policies and procedures must be adhered to including the use of departmental specific Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Essential duties required with the use of multiple hand tools, chemicals, and industrial vehicles to assist with job
- Snow removal
- Dewatering (setting up and moving portable pumps)
- Site housekeeping (Sign installation, site clean-up, setting up fencing)
- Aiding with deliveries
- Other duties assigned
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada.
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Must be able to read/write English
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Must be willing and able to work 10-hour day shifts with occasional overtime (weekends, holidays and additional hours beyond regularly scheduled shift to cover project needs)
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces
- Must be able to travel
- Must have adequate transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment
- Must have demonstrated high performance (work performance, attendance record, safety record.)
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and possess follow-up skills
This Full-time position is located in Camrose,Alberta, however please expect receiving calls from a 204-area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.