JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Operations Senior Supervisor will lead all production/operating processes by being responsible for the operations agenda and leading an engaged team that will execute business deliverables. We seek a multifaceted professional to fulfill this crucial role for delivering on the production plan for a designated site ensuring that safety, quality, cost, delivery and morale objectives are met. In this role, you will lead continuous improvement activities within production.
- Monitor overall manufacturing operational results (i.e. yields, consumables, efficiencies and cost figures) and takes appropriate action to stay on track with budgets and other agreed targets.
- Accountable for overseeing execution and delivery of production commitments for the site.
- Ensure safety of the production facility. Liaises with internal and external resources to drive towards a zero harm culture for accident or illness within the manufacturing function. Ensure that operational compliance with environmental health and safety requirements are met.
- Ensure operational compliance with food safety and quality are met.
- Provide leadership and mentor our team allowing development of strong leaders at all levels to ensure succession and capability for a more diverse workforce.
- Nurture a culture of continuous improvement together with timely root cause analysis of non standard conditions.
- Ensure ongoing review of key performance indicators with focus on continuous improvements in site operational targets.
- You will lead and develop a team, exhibiting authority for talent management decisions related to hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of work experience in food production management
- Minimum of four years of supervisory experience
- Confirmed skills in organizational development and people management.
- Confirmed ability to lead people through the change management cycle.
- Established skills in continuous improvement.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.