Materials Planning Supervisor
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
The Material Planning Supervisor will lead and develop our team that plans, schedules and handles the raw materials inventories needed for production We seek a seasoned professional who will lead, advise and make decisions on all major material requirements planning activities for a medium-sized team.
- Review and analyze material requirements planning metrics targets.
- Provide support and direction to ensure raw materials are sourced in alignment with the master production plan.
- Provide support and direction to ensure appropriate data and inputs are used for material requirements planning.
- Support team in handling raw material inventories to target levels and managing exceptions.
- You will have some authority for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance, or disciplinary actions, and much of your time is spent completing the same tasks as the subordinate employees.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR minimum 2+ years of directly related work experience
- Excellent leadership and teamwork, strong communication skills, and able to communicate with all levels in the plant.
- Routine physical activity including standing and walking for several hours at a time, climbing, and lifting approximately 50 lbs.
- Able to travel 5%
- 1+ year of supervisory experience
- 4+ years of experience with at least two in material requirements planning, supply/inventory planning, master production planning or production scheduling
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.