Job Type: Full Time
Shift: 1st and 2nd
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401(k) with Cargill matching contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
60% Accurately perform and record monitoring activities and process verification and audits on receiving, manufacturing, packaging, storage, and shipping processes. Address, correct and document deviations in process or record keeping corrective action as required for process deviations or customer complaints in accordance with relevant programs and policies, including applicable regulations.
20% Monitor and enforce all plant specific and corporate food safety programs per the Cargill Policy Manual (CFSRA) and Global Food Safety Standard (BRC) such as “Good Hygiene Principles” (GHP’s), which includes but is not limited to proper PPE in processing areas, foreign material control and product adulteration prevention, air quality, sanitation, employee personal hygiene, pest control, chemical/packaging supplier program, transportation requirements, labeling program, cold chain management, traceability of packaging, processing materials, raw materials and finished products and the general maintenance of sanitary conditions throughout the facility.
20% Observe and ensure compliance of work area to regulatory standards. Maintain thorough knowledge of guidelines and procedures, record keeping, monitor plan-specific programs.
- Demonstrate the behaviors defined under the Cargill Leadership Expectations
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED/HSED acceptable)
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluently in English
- Physical ability to perform monitoring and inspection activities which includes bending, kneeling, climbing ladders and stairs repeatedly throughout the shift, and lift up to 40 lbs. intermittently throughout the shift
- Basic math skills: read decimals to the hundredths, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and calculate percentages. Must also be able to read weights on a scale, calculate tares and read measurements using a ruler
- Candidate must learn, understand and enforce relevant food safety policies and programs (HACCP, SSOP’s, GHP’s)
- Analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Keen sense of priorities – identifies what needs to be done and completes the tasks
- Ability to manage conflict and communicate in a professional and respectful manner with personnel at all level of the organization and external visitors
- Weekend work required in this position; The facility will run 6 days standard with 7 days as necessary
- Working conditions are in refrigerated areas with wet floors and moving equipment such as forklifts. Personal protective gear (hard hat, ear plugs, hairnets/beard nets, safety toe shoes, and safety glasses) must be worn at all times
- Experience in and/or knowledge of Food Safety, HACCP/Regulatory Compliance, GMP’s, Quality Systems, Audits (BRC), Sanitation, Safe Food Handling
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office software, with an emphasis on Excel and Word
- Prior experience in Quality Assurance or Food Manufacturing
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.