Environment, Health & Safety Manager
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist Senior Supervisor will apply technical knowledge of process safety to deploy corporate standards to handle hazardous processes. We seek an experienced professional who will manage our safety teams and guide the development of strategies to deploy, implement and sustain corporate process safety risk management standards and ensure prevention of serious process safety events.
- Assess complex environmental, health and safety risks, opportunities and impacts using your knowledge of industry best practices, standards and regulations, and advise on potential impacts to internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead the development of programs and processes involving little interpretation and variation to execute the environmental health and safety strategy following all regulatory guidelines.
- Identify and implement changes to support continuous improvement of complex environment, health and safety programs and processes.
- Provide operational leadership to the audit, inspection and risk assessment processes and expand as appropriate.
- Review and analyze audit results requiring some interpretation, to confirm that the corporate, business and regulatory standards are met.
- Guide employees on specific customer and community concerns related to all environment, health and safety topics and equips them with the information and tools they need to accurately represent Cargill on related topics.
- Design moderately complex training solutions related to environment, health and safety issues, practices and risks used to build awareness of industry values, strategies and performance.
- You will lead and develop a team, exhibiting authority for talent management decisions related to hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in the area of Health & Safety/Environmental Sciences, Engineering Management or other related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience
- Federal and State Regulatory knowledge
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Certified Safety Professional
- Animal Protein experience
PRIOR BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCES
- Track site process safety performance through internal auditing and measuring.
- Develop and execute ongoing partner and change management processes, communication and educational activities across regions.
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.