Distribution Operations Supervisor (Split shift)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Distribution Operations Supervisor (split shift) is responsible for leading operations activities of picking, loading orders onto trucks, invoicing orders and completing all necessary paperwork. In this role, you will set performance expectations, hold the team accountable to those expectations and be responsible for product safety, employee health and safety, warehouse activities and transportation where applicable.
- Lead the day to day warehouse operations including product handling and storage requirements and developing, implementing, administering and evaluating policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with the sales team to ensure proper execution and implementation of all policies procedures with regard to picking, packing, shipping, receiving and inventory management.
- Review, complete and ensure the accuracy of warehouse related documents and shipments and maintains and reports inventory accuracy, aging and order status.
- Ensure compliance with safety codes, policies and procedures of the company and the standards established by regulatory agencies.
- Ensure that all warehouse personnel are trained on all required equipment
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team
- Other duties as assigned.
- Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- Split shift is Monday and Tuesday 2nd shift and Friday -Saturday 1 shift
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in a warehouse or distribution environment
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience
- Forklift certification or experience driving a forklift
- Previous warehouse management systems experience
- One year of supervisory experience
- SAP experience
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Women in Operations
She discovered there are endless opportunities to take your career in new directions through a variety of roles and business units.Meet Elizabeth
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.