Maintenance Automation Technician (Flex)
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive — a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
At Cargill we have a Culture of Safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day.
Cargill's North America protein business produces fresh, frozen and cooked beef, turkey, pork, chicken and egg protein offerings, sauces, soups, case ready products, pet treats and by-products for our retail, foodservice and food ingredient customers.
Cargill Protein focuses on product quality, employee safety, food safety, animal wellbeing, environmental impact, improved sustainability and community engagement as it strives to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way.
Cargill Protein has a diverse 28,000-member team and operates approximately 60 protein primary and further processing facilities, distribution centers, feed mills, hatcheries, and an innovation center in the U.S. and Canada, in addition to maintaining international sales offices. Canada is home to 10 of these facilities and includes over 5500 stakeholders.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, located in Calgary AB, plays an integral part in providing quality meat products to our customers by installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Responsible for delivering required equipment maintenance (both preventive maintenance program elements and unexpected maintenance requirements) for all Service Center equipment.
- Troubleshooting and maintaining all PLC programs in the plant.
- Ensures the proper installation, repair and maintenance of all Plant production equipment.
- Electrical troubleshooting of all HVAC equipments
- Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada.
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Experienced as an Electro mechanic
- Journeyman certificate / Red Seal
- Troubleshooting experience with:
- Pneumatic systems
- Hydraulic systems
- Controls systems; safety relays, proximity sensors, photo eyes, VFDs, Drives (Lenze, Emmerson, Allen Bradley, etc…)
- Servo motors, 3ph motors up to 600VAC 3ph
- Packaging equipment, meat processing equipment
- Vacuum Pumps and controls
- HMIs, Panel view 1000 and 5000 and latest
- Must be able to interact with machines: basic and advances settings
- Must have food processing experience
- Good manufacturing practices and food safety
- Great team player
- Excellent customer service and positive attitude
- Self starter
- Sense of urgency to try to keep the plant running
- Medium/high computer skills.
- Familiarized with an unionized environment
- At least 3 years of experience in production related work.
- Class 4 power engineering ticket an asset.
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in elevated areas.
- Must be able to read/write English.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
- Previous experience working in a Case Ready/ food plant environment
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
This Part time position is located in Calgary; however please expect receiving calls from a 204-area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.