Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”
Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”
2nd & 3rd Shift Process Technician
Job ID BYH00123
Date posted 06/30/2020
This full time position is located in Byhalia, MS; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
At Cargill Feed & Nutrition we provide customized animal nutrition solutions to customers across the Americas, Europe and Asia. We operate some of the most technologically advanced plants in the world, but they can't run by themselves - we depend on creative, responsible, hard-working individuals like you. At Cargill we have a culture of safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day. We also believe that employees must have the opportunity to do what they do best so as part of the application process, you may be asked to complete an online assessment. This will help us understand the things that you do better than others - the talents that you rely on to succeed.
This position is responsible for the manufacturing and shipping of animal feed. Responsibilities include:
- Manage & prioritize several load orders per customer demand
- Comply and cohere with strict Health & Safety and Food Safety practices and procedures
- Monitor and communicate inventories and enter information into AS400 & Savigent systems
- Operate mobile equipment such as forklifts, platform lifts, and yard trucks
- Verify all shipments are 100% accurate per the order, documentation & punctuality is correct, and all material is shipped/received undamaged
- Ensure all housekeeping standards are continuously executed & documented on daily/weekly/monthly sanitation checklists
- Pro-activeness, and punctuality are highly value for this position as well as individuals pursuing self-challenge
- All other support tasks as needed
Important information about the position
2nd and 3rd shift
Good Math Skills
Good mechanical aptitude
Demonstrated ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a plant environment.
- Must be able to read/write English
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
- Must have the ability to routinely work in elevated areas
- Must be able to operate machinery
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts
- Able to operate heavy equipment
- Forklift Certified
- Prior experience in production related work
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Find Your Match