Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Operations Supervisor will provide strategic operational oversight for all production operating facilities with moderate presence in multiple regions or moderate degree of complexity. In this role, you will oversee and hold operating facilities accountable to standards for safety, quality, operational effectiveness and financial performance.
- Execute routine operations of assigned area, ensuring direct reports are following policies and procedures related to employee, food and feed safety and environmental compliance.
- Monitor production outcomes, quantity, and quality to ensure customer and food safety requirements are within specifications.
- Partner with production supervisors to meet customer specifications and timeline.
- Administer production budget for a department, process, or shift and executes purchase orders and ensures timely payment of invoices
- Develop operational plans and monitors routine operations for all production processes for multiple departments, processes and shifts.
- Develop, supervise and provide coaching to direct reports including coaching company core values and guiding principles for assigned facilities or region.
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
- Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience
- One year of supervisory experience
- Lean six sigma
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Women in Operations
She discovered there are endless opportunities to take your career in new directions through a variety of roles and business units.Meet Elizabeth
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.