Formulator - 2nd Shift - Full Time - Butler, WI
Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
- Full Time / Part Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Compensation & Pay Equity
We pay for performance and provide equal pay for the same work.
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”Elisabeth C.
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”Catherine V.
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”Marvin S.
Formulator - 2nd Shift - Full Time - Butler, WI
This is a full-time position located in Butler, Wisconsin. This position does not provide any type of relocation assistance. Please note you may receive calls from a 952 and 479 area code if you are considered for the position.
Cargill Protein is the umbrella organization of Cargill’s North American beef, turkey, and food distribution businesses. Our businesses based in Wichita, Kansas, provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets. These businesses employ more than 28,000 people in the US and Canada, who work at dozens of processing and support facilities.
At Cargill Beef, we know that our customers don’t just sell products; they sell the reputations behind those products. Our customers provide people with something that they crave and love and it’s a product that we love, too. And we understand how deeply the quality of our red meat connects to our customers’ reputations. After all, it’s our reputation, too. We have been innovating for the last 150 years to bring our partners new solutions that help nourish the world. We continue to aggressively pursue improvements and produce real results that impact not only our operations but our industry, employees and the world around us. By continuously improving our products, processes and services we are ensuring a better, more sustainable future for our employees, for our customers, for our communities and for our company.
Cargill Butler is the preferred meat supplier to restaurant chains, healthcare facilities, colleges and universities, business and industry. Foodservice professionals throughout North America count on Cargill Butler for customer-focused meat solutions that blend culinary trends with labor-saving efficiency.
The Formulator is responsible for following our product recipes (formulation). He/she is in charge of putting in all of the correct meat and seasoning ingredients into the mixer grinder, ensuring the batch is properly mixed in the blender, chilled with CO2, and that the final product in the mixer has the correct amount of fat. Formulators control the equipment using a control screen and document batch sheets with detailed raw material, ingredient and supplier information that was used in each batch. Formulators also help with set up and tear down of grinding equipment and provides overall leadership in grinding.
• Operates grinding equipment by interacting with control screens
• Documents batch information accurately
• Maximizes formulation gains by blending the correct amount of each raw material to gain on lean points
• Maintains product quality by formulating the batch according to specification, making adjustments as needed to ensure consistent quality is achieved
• Use of FOSS equipment to analyze fat samples and document results
• Overall leadership in grinding floor
• Responsible for setting up and tearing down the grinding equipment
• Responsible for keeping the production line running at the expected speeds
• Comply with GMP/GHP standards as set forth by company
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
• Must be 18 years or older
• Ability to read, write, and speak English
• Ability to perform basic math functions
• Ability to read and comprehend manuals and SOP's
• Ability to manage multiple priorities at once, have strong organizational, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
• Ability to perform basic machine troubleshooting, use of hand tools, perform tooling changes, basic clean/inspect/lubricate functions on equipment.
• Demonstrate basic computer skills including data entry and data retrieval
• Ability to work in a cold environment, and the ability to work in a potentially physically strenuous environment.
• High school diploma or GED
• Experience in Industrial Machine Operation or Maintenance
• Experience with the use of and measuring of instruments/precision tools, fasteners, piping/fittings & valves, cutting and welding, packing/sealing/gasket products, rotating shaft components
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.