Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Sanitarian 3rd Shift
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
We are looking for an Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Sanitarian Supervisor who will ensure sanitation requirements are met. This position is responsible to interact with, monitor and verify the sanitation team activities. We want a leader who can manage and schedule technicians during preoperational inspection, as well as, provide support for the first shift Supervisor during shift transition.
You will act as liaison between government regulatory agencies and plant operations and conduct other research and development projects. You will be involved in training facility personnel in quality and food safety and regulatory topics. This position has accountability for a medium to high complexity facility.
- Perform sanitation standard operating procedure review and master sanitation schedule task verification and reporting to include tracking and trending of key performance indicators associated with sanitation activities.
- Manage research development projects to include data analysis and reporting.
- Lead a team to monitor plant operations for compliance to behavioral standards related to food or feed safety and quality.
- Responsible for team documenting audit and test data accurately and appropriately in the correct information management systems.
- Provide overall guidance and expertise to the team.
- Help supervise technicians and review daily paperwork.
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR equivalent experience
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience
- Proactive and self-starter, ability to work individual with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in 2 locations: Butler and Milwaukee
- Bachelor’s degree in animal science, food science, biological sciences, or related field
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Organized leadership experience (e.g., supervisor, lead person, etc.)
- Good understanding of fundamental basics of sanitation process
- One year of supervisory experience
- Two years of experience in quality, food safety, auditing, or related experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.