Financial Settlement Analyst
Trade and Capital Markets (TCM) compliments the efforts of Cargill commodity business units by providing financial solutions to Cargill’s business partners (suppliers and buyers). TCM’s experience and expertise in global financial markets aid in mitigating documentary, cross-border and credit risks associated with structured trade finance. TCM plays a key role in funding the global operations of Cargill through cross-border funding structures and management of transferability and convertibility risks. In additional to structured trade finance and internal funding, TCM also leverages Cargill’s international trade flows to create trade structures that provide funding to emerging market-based financial institutions and corporations.
The candidate will be responsible for administration of all aspects of the TCM trade finance activities in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure compliance to the TCM guidelines and procedures. Responsibilities also include developing thorough knowledge of transaction structures and related documentation, legal and tax implications, settlements, funding, delivery of assets, and working with other local and regional offices to ensure that appropriate Cargill controls are included in settlement process.
70% Execution of all Trade & Capital Markets (TCM) trades in adherence to the TCM Standard Operating Procedures/Guidelines. Ensure work processes and procedures follow Cargill and TCM policies.
- Manage all aspects of trade settlement. Preparation and execution of all documents arising from Trade & Capital Markets activity based on approved templates (trade confirmations, financing agreements, LC formats, etc.); Coordination with counterparties and internally on issuance of instruments (letters of credit, stand-by LC, guarantees) and on timing of funding;
- Input/processing of deals in the trade capture system;
- Second review and verification of trades (system input, documentation, approvals) & cash payments (amounts, value dates, bank details)
- Liaise with other functional groups including traders, trade execution teams, tax, legal, accounting and treasury to resolve execution issues and help where necessary.
- Assist in transaction file reviews within defined timelines.
20% Develop a thorough understanding of relevant Trade & Capital Markets structures through PAF reviews including the key risks and controls associated with each structure, and relevant tax & legal implications. Ensure complete understanding of transaction specifics, including data integrity, documentation, and settlement processes as well as the attributes of the relevant market and geography. Assist other team members in obtaining a deeper understanding of structures and processes through informal, on-the-job training opportunities.
10% Facilitate innovation and work process improvements through idea generation and applying of business knowledge. Champion and/or participate in global/regional projects where appropriate.
- University degree or relevant equivalent MOCC (Massive On-line Courses Certification).
- 3 to 4 years of relevant business experience.
- Understanding of trade finance business.
- Fluent in oral and written English. Good communication skills.
- Strong people/teamwork skills, yet able to work independently.
- Proven ability to take initiative to independently analyze and solve complex problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal control structure & compliance.
- Ability to work flexible hours to support global operations.
- Integrity, strong attention to detail, and thoroughness and accuracy in work. Strong work ethics.
- Good organizational skills with ability to perform well under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to adapt positively to an ever-changing environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft office applications.
- Agile, ordered and methodical profile.
- Experience in Banking/Financial industry is valued.
- Exposure to forwarding operations of Commodity Trading company.
- Exposure to commodity finance and documentations.
- Experience working with LCs, Bills of Exchange, SBLCs, BGs, etc.
- Experience in loan administration in a financial institution.
"At Cargill, everyone matters, and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment."
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.