Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Quality Control Chemist, will provide expertise with all daily operations in quality control laboratories. In this role, you will support the buildup and maintenance of the rapid technology platform by providing reliable accurate analytical figures as well as perform validation and troubleshooting of new analytical methods to ensure they meet the requirements and deadlines.
- Provide ongoing technical support to stakeholders, investigate quality problems and deliver improvement actions with follow up.
- Perform method validation and verification to roll out new testing method in the lab.
- Document standard operating procedures, identify possible trends in testing results with data analysis software and provide input to team members to improve quality control system.
- Organize and maintain accurate and pertinent data, including spreadsheets, graphs and reports.
- Maintain systems and techniques for reporting data across functional areas.
- Organize and participate ring tests with the goal to check and control methods and equipment.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Minimum of two years of working experience in the chemical industry lab
- Knowledge in calibrate, maintain, and troubleshoot various analytical instruments such as GC, HPLC, AAS, ICP, NIR etc.
- Necessary English reading capacity
- Experience with chemical analysis (preferable)- oils and fats, starch, sweeteners, etc.
- Demonstrate sound understanding of Statistical Process Control (SPC), method validation and report writing
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet