Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Quality Control Chemist, will provide expertise with all daily operations in quality control laboratory. In this role, you will support in raw material in process and release testing of different finished products. Support platform by providing reliable accurate analytical figures of wet chemistry and perform validation and troubleshooting of analytical methods to ensure that specifications are met.
- Provide analytical support platform by releasing precise and accurate results and ensure scope of testing parameter is sufficient.
- Provide ongoing technical support to stakeholders, investigate quality problems and deliver improvement actions with follow up.
- Perform method validation and verification to roll out testing method in the lab.
- Follow and document standard operating procedures, identify possible trends in both testing results with data analysis software and provide input to team members to improve quality control system.
- Organize and maintain accurate and pertinent data, including spreadsheets, graphs and reports.
- Maintain systems and techniques for reporting data across functional areas.
- Interface with various departments during manufacturing such as production campaigns, piloting and scale ups.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
A sign on bonus will be offered for this position
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
Location: Buckeye, AZ
You will be eligible for an extensive benefit package including: Paid time off; paid holidays; medical, vision and dental coverage; 401(k) plan with company match; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; disability insurance; retirement savings; employee and family assistance program (EAP). Learn more at: www.cargill.com/myhealth
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Capability and willingness to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Knowledge in calibrate, maintain and troubleshoot various analytical instruments such as GC, HPLC.
- Minimum of two years of working experience in the chemical industry lab
- Experience with chemical analysis (preferable)- oils and fats.
- Necessary English reading capacity
- Ability to work independently, possess positive working attitude with high initiative level, and communicate effectively
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet