Maintenance Technician I
This Full-time position is in Buckeye, Arizona; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill Beauty offers a diverse portfolio of nature-derived ingredients, including texturizers, emollients, emulsifiers, specialty derivatives, sensory enhancers, and active ingredients. We unleash nature sustainably through an integrated and responsible supply chain, state-of-the-art research and application services and ingredient development and formulation expertise to develop nature-based products for skin care, hair care, personal care, and oral care.
Maintenance Technician I is responsible for safe and efficient operation of company equipment to achieve essential duties and responsibilities listed below. This is a new position to Cargill through the acquisition of Floratech. The facility serves the Cargill Beauty Product lines as part of Cargill BioIndustrial Group.
Compensation: Between $20.00 - $24.00 per hour.
A Typical Workday May Include:
- Completing preventative, predictive, and reactive industrial maintenance throughout the facility
- Operating standard maintenance tools such as power tools, basic hand tools, electric tools, precision maintenance tools, preventative maintenance technology tools, etc.
- Utilize and work with maintenance trades and components such as electrical, welding, pipefitting, fabrication, gearbox and bearing maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems, mechanical maintenance, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Modifying or building equipment by reading and comprehending electrical/mechanical schematics, blueprints, and/or operation manuals
- Documenting completed work and the conditions found, utilizing maintenance computer software as necessary
- Interacting regularly with peers and management to pursue continuous improvement of facility operations and promote a teamwork focused environment
- Operating mobile equipment such as forklifts, loaders, scissor lifts, and aerial lifts
- Understanding and adhering to all safety policies and procedures
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Installing, maintaining, testing, evaluating, and repairing various electrical components and systems including automation systems
- Interpreting and understanding electrical and mechanical schematics, blueprints, and/or operation manuals
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including a respirator
- Must be able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Basic use of a computer and typing skills
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- At least 18 months of experience in heavy industrial maintenance
- Must be able to perform maintenance trades such as electrical, welding, pipe fitting, and fabrication, gearbox and bearing, maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems, mechanical maintenance and hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Must have experience handling chemicals with safety equipment
- Forklift certified
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Working knowledge of inventory systems
- Able to perform maintenance trades including machinist and rigging systems
- Previous experience with MRO (Maintenance Repair Ops) and/or MRP (Material Requirement Planning)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.