Transportation and Logistics Operations Assistant
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Position is temporary for 8th months.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Transportation and Logistics Operations Assistant will help us to conduct data management, reporting and analysis, shipping, client interaction, business partnership, and people, resource, budget and project management.
- Update transportation websites and databases for contracts, freight rates and estimates, insurance information, customer information, etc.
- Demand, collect and organize documentation and data, performing routine data entry into one or more systems.
- Plan, manage and review production operations to achieve output and quality objectives.
- Perform administrative or clerical duties in support of the shipment execution process, completing tasks using industry standard procedures.
- Handle complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Control and track the transport of agri-commodities.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
- MS Office Knowledge
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Responsible person with very good organizing skills
- Previous experience in using SAP or other ERP
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.