Commercial Merchandising Trainee & Digital Transformation Support
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
- Understand the agricultural commodities trading industry and the markets for commodity merchandising.
- Develop knowledge on Cargill's trading and hedging strategies, tactics and practices, including the use of futures, risk management derivatives and structured products.
- Understand drivers of profit and loss and make commercial decisions to generate revenue.
- Coordinate transportation and logistics to execute commodity contracts and interacting with other functions across the business.
- Develop collaborative relationships with external customers and suppliers in a customer facing role.
- Understand the local supply and demand factors that impact markets.
- Learn on the job from specialists, developing technical and soft skills and receiving coaching from the manager and peers.
- You will work under direct supervision and handle basic issues and problems, while referring more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Work hand-in-hand with digital transformation team to support current initiatives with communication efforts
- Contribute to developing a strategy on communication tools (intranet, newsletters, Teams, etc.) and communication plan and execute it
- Lead the creation of monthly newsletters on digital transformation, sharing project updates, metrics and trends in the industry
- Potential future involvement in digital project execution and delivery.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Fresh graduates or with maximum 3 years of prior internship/work experience
Advanced verbal and written communication skills in local language and English
Computer literate, Microsoft Office proficient.
Strong analytical skills and commercial mindset.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Other minimum qualifications may apply.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, finance or economics; or equivalent experience;
Good interpersonal skills.
Strong team player and thrive in a diverse and multicultural environment.
Ability to handle risks and ambiguity.
Ability to work in uncertainty and resilience.
High interest in digital transformation and digital products
Agile self-starter and quick learner
Does our offer match your career interests? Do you meet our requirements? Then make sure we have your profile here until 26th of September 2020.
The recruitment process typically involves an online assessment and interviews. Only suitable applicants will be invited for an interview and they will receive additional information about the next steps.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.