Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Swine Nutritionist will provide advice and consultation to our internal and external customers about the best nutritional solution and technology, by partnering and working alongside with the local commercial and technical teams. We seek a multifaceted professional to fulfill this crucial role for enabling the business to enhance its commercial growth agenda by bringing its best technology to an exclusive set of customers and prospects throughout the region that are targeted to achieve significant growth. In this role you will serve as the first point of contact for Swine nutrition expertise within the local customer facing organization.
- Works directly with customers on nutrition consulting (Diet strategy, nutrient analysis, ingredient supplier selection, research, and economic modeling) and provide technical support to Cargill products and services.
- Partner with key accounts and develop the approach with the local commercial team to achieve trusted advisor status at those customers and rally the team around the opportunity in order to be able to deliver on customer promise.
- Be the first point of contact for nutrition expertise within the local customer facing organization.
- Optimize nutritional requests, crafting the best offer from a nutritional and commercial perspective.
- Provide expertise in assessing new business opportunities and setting priorities in our innovation pipeline.
- Guide the local technical teams in the roll out of new solutions.
- Other duties as assigned
- You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Master’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Confirmed species Swine nutrition knowledge and proficient use of formulation tools and concepts
- Strong background in commercial swine production
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Over 7 years demonstrated expertise in species Swine nutrition, feed manufacturing and on farm experience.
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- PhD in swine nutrition
- Established relationships with top 40 swine producers
- Passion for understanding, creating, and communicating value and solutions to team members and customers
- Ability to communicate the science from board rooms to barns
- Ability to design and execute field research under US commercial conditions
- Knowledge of nutritional models
- Experience with on-farm troubleshooting
- Experience with training on-farm personnel on proper management techniques
Confirmed success in project management and/or product management
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.