Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Poultry Nutritionist will provide technical advice and support to customers. In this position, you'll be the lead technical contact for customers. You'll stay ahead of technology and business practices through workshops, research and professional meetings.
- Collaborate with consultants to provide on-site technical support for current customers and prospects.
- Provide customer solutions and technical support materials to specific customers.
- Perform complex research for product development to understand product properties and systems operations.
- Compile and analyze data for project update, working with external suppliers to test new products and technologies to make recommendations on applications.
- Organize project data and conclusions for internal and customer presentations, assist with product demonstrations and service as subject matter guide during meetings with prospective customers.
- Stay ahead of product insight and research to improve value of offerings.
- Keep application and value collection up-to-date in the systems.
- You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Location - this position may be remote within the U.S.
- Master's degree in a field of study related to Animal Nutrition
- Minimum of four years of experience in poultry production/nutrition or related field (can include experience gained via academia)
- Demonstrate the skills to understand the interactions between nutrition and poultry performance and develop farm specific solutions to optimize customer results
- Be willing to travel throughout the United States with occasional international trips (30-50% travel anticipated)
- PhD or DVM
- Passion for understanding, creating, and communicating value and solutions to team members and customers.
- Public speaking experience
- Knowledge of nutritional models
- Experience with on-farm troubleshooting
- Knowledge and understanding of the poultry industry
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.