Operation Support Operator
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive — a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
At Cargill we have a Culture of Safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day.
Cargill helps feed, 400 million people every year. Animal Nutrition & Health is a leading nutrition provider for commercial animal agriculture across 24 countries. Our successful 100+ history is a result of our commitment toward a culture and values centered on customer focus and enrichment of people and communities. Our offerings are developed to meet and exceed customers’ needs; from accounting to agri-business management, marketing to risk management and sales consulting to plant operations. Cargill has a job that to meet your interests and goals. Our global career opportunities are as far reaching as our business.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Operation Support Operator works with other operators, supervisors and other personnel to ensure safe, efficient operations, as well as striving to meet customer requirements all while keeping the plant in a clean and efficient state.
- Operate and monitor using computerized and controlled systems associated with the production of feed; including grinders, oil handling, and pelletizing equipment
- Ensure accurate information of scale weights and transactions are recorded daily
- Load and receive incoming and outgoing trucks per plant requirements
- Collect & process samples as required
- Troubleshoot minor problems as needed and perform maintenance tasks to fix
- Maintain a safe and sanitary atmosphere with a high regard for environmental impact of the operation
- Understand and adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Assist plant personnel as needed, and perform other duties as requested by the leadership team
- Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada.
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 25 lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Must be able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment
- Basic use of a computer
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Prior experience in production or manufacturing related work
- Basic Mechanical aptitude and Troubleshooting
- Competent computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow-up
- Strong time management skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
This Full-time position is located in Addison, ON however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.