Position Purpose & Summary
This position is a member of the HR Operations team with primary responsibility for the timely and accurate day to day administration of payroll, time and attendance and several HR operational activities for all employees based in North America. This position, under limited supervision, is responsible for: researching and responding to complex inquiries, that cannot be resolved by tier 1 resources and takes corrective action needed regarding any issues related to areas of responsibility. Monitors data to ensure accurate and compliant processes and procedures are applied. Leverages many internal and external vendor technologies and solutions to enable completion of all required actions. Including, but not limited to: Successfactors, PeopleSoft, and Kronos. Some businesses also may have unique processes related to payroll required by union contract or regulatory compliance in federal/provincial laws. The position is responsible for oversight and execution of all operational activities delivered in the field locations in alignment with the GHRS service catalog and require a high level of analytical skill and indepth knowledge in these areas. Manages a heavy workload across multiple lines of business and virtual locations.
65% Develop, Implement and Execute HR Operations Strategies, Policies and Programs, and Processes:
• Draws upon deep HR Operations knowledge and indepth understanding of the business environment, requirements, strategies to perform the day-to-day administration and support for HR and payroll services – end to end Kronos activities to enable accurate and timely and compliant payroll processes.
• Oversight and execution of the day-to-day administration of HR/Operations payroll, benefits for a high volume of employees across a specific region.
• Uses HR Operations Administration knowledge to assist with HR Operations projects (as assigned).
20% Relationship Management:
• Provides consult to HR, business manager and supervisors, and employees regarding the interpretation and delivery of complex timekeeping, payroll and other processes. This includes responding to complex employee and HR inquiry escalations that cannot be managed/answered by tier 1 services areas (vendors/internal HR contact center, etc.).
• Creates relationships with others to ensure swift resolution of questions/issues/concerns
15% HR Operations Governance and Compliance:
• Assists with activities to ensure the consistent application of HR and payroll policies and standards, as well as
compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Responsible for updating current or establishing new processes to ensure compliance and data integrity with all areas of support.
• Acts as subject matter expert to develop and participate in continuous improvement or control/audit projects.
• Ensures tasks are assigned and executed on in a timely manner.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
• Fluent in French and English
• 3 years professional level experience in HR Operations or related field
• May be required to provide translation support for various projects
• Kronos or similar time management system experience
• Strong organization and analytical skills
• Must be able to work independently
• Proven strong customer service skills
• Intermediate to advanced skills with MS Excel
• Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
• PeopleSoft experience or SuccessFactors experience (or similar HCM/Payroll systems)
• SalesForce ticket tracking system (or similar tools)
This position is posted internally as well as externally