Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Cargill's North America protein business produces fresh, frozen and cooked beef, turkey, pork, chicken and egg protein offerings, sauces, soups, case ready products, pet treats and by-products for our retail, foodservice and food ingredient customers.
Cargill Protein focuses on product quality, employee safety, food safety, animal wellbeing, environmental impact, improved sustainability and community engagement as it strives to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Cargill Protein has a diverse 28,000-member team and operates approximately 60 protein primary and further processing facilities, distribution centers, feed mills, hatcheries, and an innovation center in the U.S. and Canada, in addition to maintaining international sales offices. Canada is home to 10 of these facilities and includes over 5500 stakeholders.
The Grind Operator is an important role to play in the daily operations of our facility. There are a variety of roles and responsibilities within this title. Responsible for daily completion of production processes within a work area, operational department, or operational support area. The types of roles available range from de-boxing and handling of frozen boxes of meat, set up, operation and tear down of a variety of meat processing equipment including grinders and patty forming equipment, handling finished product in order to prepare pallets for shipment and operation of various material handling equipment.
In this role you will be responsible for making sure we have quality product that is made to customer specifications and requirements.
While performing the duties of Grind Operator, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or cold conditions with slippery surfaces at varied heights; moving mechanical parts; fast paced, temperature controlled environments. Positions require standing the entire shift, the use of stairs, heavy lifting, and repetitive motion.
As safety is our number one priority all company safety policies and procedures must be adhered to including the use of departmental specific Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Set up, operation and tear down of a variety of processing equipment including grinders and patty forming equipment
- Handles and inspects frozen boxes of meat in preparation for processing
- Handles and loads frozen boxes of meat into grinder
- Inspects meat product for foreign objects
- Handles finished boxes of product by building pallets of product to pre-determined specifications
- Moves pallets of product using various material handling equipment which could include pallet truck or forklift
- Understand and adhere to all Occupational Safety and Health rules and regulations as related to plant safety
- Communicate in a courteous and positive manner to accomplish duties effectively, working as a team with all involved
- Assist plant personnel as needed, and perform other duties as requested by the leadership team
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, Climbing and Twisting to lift up to 60lbs occasionally, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ability to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work overtime, holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts
- Previous experience in a production or plant work setting
- Basic food safety knowledge is an asset
- Forklift certified
- Experience using a computer to enter and retrieve data with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with SAP or CMMS
- Experience with Inventory Systems
- Experience working in a production or plant environment
This Full Time position is located in Brampton, Ontario; however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.