JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Specialist I will be responsible for ensuring internal collaboration and connectivity for all policies, standards, and trainings. You will partner with contacts to assist with compliance and customer specification issues. You will also work closely with the location(s) to coordinate and plan programs that fall under food safety, quality and also regulatory areas.
- Performs inspection of finished or in-process goods, analyzes data, and identifies trends in defects or errors.
- Conducts root cause analysis for defects, non-conformities, or other quality failures.
- Responsible for coordination of Food Safety Quality and Regulatory functions including continuous improvement processes, compliance to audits, and assisting with customer specifications and quality issues.
- Ensure Environmental Health and Safety training and new procedure implementation are executed and completed timely and accurately.
- Assist with related training development and scheduling.
- Provides training, coaching, and mentoring to team members.
- Plan, coordinate and direct all regulatory compliance, laboratory, food/feed safety, and quality programs (Halal, GMP, HACCP, FSSC22000) within the location to ensure compliance with customer, supplier, and government requirements and expectations.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Responsible for control the performance of QC inspectors, Product Release (based on operation, micro, and sensory), monitor and maintain pest control management compliance, compliance with Cargill EHS, ISO14001&OHAS18001
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Having a background in Veteriner or Food Technology
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Moderate computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, and database navigation)
- SAP experience
- Validated change management in an industrial setting
- Experience in leading cross functional teams
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.