Food Safety and Quality Product Line Support Chemist
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Food Safety and Quality Product Line Support Chemist will ensure that products meet or exceed customer requirements for quality and food safety, as well as, develop an in-depth understanding of specific systems. The success of the Chemist II Food Safety and Quality Product Line Support Chemist position is measured in local impact to customer happiness, minimization or process variation, process recovery realization, waste reduction, cost minimization, and ability to act as a specialist backup.
- Handle customer audits, initiatives and follow-ups.
- Approve final production and assurance of compliance to customer specifications.
- Maintain and coordinate the chemist technician partnership and training systems.
- Provide process improvement support, specialized testing, training, audit systems, analyze data, identify trends, troubleshoot, corrective action, and communication regarding processing data, final product and wastewater.
- Assess quality parameters and systems including cross-checks, raw materials, calibration, maintenance, procedures, food safety, training, auditing and oversight of analytical testing performed in control rooms.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with large projects.
- Proven ability to anticipate, recognize, solve process and laboratory problems.
- Cargill food safety quality and regulatory experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.