Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Financial Planning and Analysis / Planning and Reporting Senior Analyst will provide a consistent financial planning and analysis experience that integrates planning, budgeting, forecasting and management reporting and will create a deep understanding of North America’s Starches, Sweeteners, and Texturizer (CSSTNA) business performance to enhance decision making by the business group or function. In this role, you will contribute to the continuous process improvements to ensure effective business results in collaboration with key stakeholders, while providing routine support to the defined business or function.
- Create and communicate timely, accurate and consistent financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and management reporting for the assigned business group or function and identify business insights from the financial data to enhance decision making.
- Partner with peers in cross functional financial teams to achieve the finance strategy and strategic goals of the business or function and implement effective and efficient tools, models and reporting to deliver insights and ensure accuracy and transparency.
- Provide input and identify opportunities to improve process, data and technology to drive standardization and simplification of financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and management reporting.
- Identify key financial risks and communicate recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate in the execution of the monetization of integrated business planning, forecasting and operating review for the business group or function.
- Develop ad hoc analysis and complex modelling including cost of services and associated trends, both financial and nonfinancial, to enable decision making and evaluate key performance indicators.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
- Experience analyzing and reviewing financial statements and building financial models across multiple systems
- Master’s Degree
- Experience working in multiple businesses or international businesses
- Advanced data analytical skills using spreadsheets and business intelligence tools
- Confirmed experience leveraging financial and business systems to monitor business activities and aid in decision making
- Experienced in SAP and COPA
- Experience with visualization tools like PowerBI and Tableau
The business will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
Location: Wayzata, MN or Blair NE
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.