Site Leading Hand- Birchip
Cargill’s supply chain encompasses all aspects from origination to destination this allows our employee’s the opportunity to learn, grow and engage in meaningful work that makes a positive impact to our Australian customers and communities.
Join as the Site Leading Hand at our grain storage and handling facilities situated at our Birchip Grainflow site. Where you will be responsible for supporting site operations and leading operations staff; with a focus on safety, operational efficiency, team training and helping to maintain performance standards. In this hands-on role you will execute the site’s daily priorities and directly lead the onsite team members, ensuring they are trained and competent to perform duties across, tarping, stack building, site vehicles, grain sampling and general bunker operations. You will ensure safety, quality and cost controls are maintained and look for ways to improve plant equipment capacities and other duties that are assigned.
- Experience within an agriculture / supply chain or grain operations background with proven operational skills
- Ability to lead and coach site-based teams
- Knowledge of EHS standards with an ability to promote a safety culture and address safety issues
- Takes a hand’s on practical approach with an ability to problem solve
- Effective communicator and able to work collaboratively with teams
- Other duties as assigned
- Pass a National Police Clearance and pre-employment medical assessment
Due to the changing demands of the role you must have a willingness to work flexible hours when needed to meet customer requirements
Cargill is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applications are treated with complete confidentiality.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.