Poultry Technical Specialist
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Poultry Technical Specialist will handle and implement company animal care related health management guidelines. In this role, you will maintain communications with key internal and external stakeholders to provide appropriate solutions. You will ensure the execution of our guiding principles, policies and procedures for safety, food safety, animal welfare, environmental, sanitation, work quality standards, management and production.
- Provide coaching and training to develop the technical team to achieve budgeted production performance and quality targets.
- Monitor overall animal health status and ensure compliance with all environmental health and safety requirements, including animal welfare, by designing and executing vaccination, medication, biosecurity, cleaning, sanitation, health and safety, pest control and waste disposal.
- Oversee employee and contract farm health issues and concerns by gathering information on care, condition, performance and actions of animals.
- Build knowledge and technology aptitude and apply it in work.
- Other duties as assigned
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience interacting with various internal and external stakeholders, regulatory agencies, facility leaders, plant personnel or consultants.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- Minimum of five years of related work experience
- Knowledge of food safety, occupational safety and health standards and environmental regulations.
- Experience in people management.
PRIOR BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCES
- Experience dealing with livestock and veterinary incidents at farms
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Build partnerships and collaborate with others to meet shared objectives.
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES TO BE GAINED
- Business partnering skills in a diversified global organization.
- Project management skills on continuous improvement.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.