Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Rapid Technology Application Specialist will contribute to work activities in all businesses in the region. In this role, you will coordinate and support the deployment of the different rapid technologies and lab equipment at specific locations within the assigned business and region. You will focus on Infrared (IR) and Near-infrared (NIR) technology for offline as well as online applications. You will also assist with other future technologies in the pipeline such as rapid technologies and lab equipment that will be part of the technology-based portfolio as well. Additionally, you will coordinate the implementation of rapid (benchtop and inline/online) and lab technology equipment at designated locations and will ensure support and maintenance.
Execute and implement projects at selected locations, set up project plans, assess local analysis and sampling, define standard analysis and analyze programs for the related parameters.
Support the implementation and installation of equipment, sampling, calibrations and testing and follow up of the project until the stable working situation is achieved.
Maintain existing implementations and ensure governance.
Support in troubleshooting and sharing feedback and actively support to improve the existing platform.
Compile and report performance results of the deployed systems to various customers and partners in the business.
Actively support the creation of guidelines, procedures and instructions, governance and develop training documents and coordinate and conduct trainings for employees and key users at the locations.
Keep all best practices up to date, inform the locations of the needed changes and provide detailed descriptions of implementation flows at the plants.
Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience in continuous improvement.
- Proven practical knowledge of manufacturing processes and operations.
- Statistical process management knowledge.
- Proficient in English, other European languages will be an asset.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to apply a structured and disciplined approach to planning, coordinating and completing projects successfully.
- Work experience in a laboratory environment in the food industry.
- Experience in production or processing environment.
- Experience with Good Laboratory practice (GLP).
- Experience with IT-related issues for problem solving.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience in related industries
- Developed knowledge and exposure to calibration and implementation of (N)IR.
- Software knowledge to build (N)IR calibration lines or applied multivariate analysis techniques in other fields.
- Experience with LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System), such as Unilab, Interspec, Report Manager.
- Confident and professional communication and presentation manner with an ability to get along with customers and partners on all levels within the organization.
- Minimum of one year of hands-on experience with (N)IR technology.
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/