Plant Materials & Services Category Buyer
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 155 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Plant Materials & Services Category Buyer will join our team that obtains goods and services required by the organization. This position is responsible for the procurement of plant materials, services as well as sourcing activities for large spend projects for multiple locations in the, Netherlands, Belgium and occasionally in the UK and Norway. The position holder will manage sourcing processes and procurement records, manage supplier events and relationships, and implement strategies.
Responsible for managing the procurement process to select suppliers for procurement of non-contracted materials/ goods/ services that are outside of local spend.
Perform analysis of internal spend data, understand requirements and specifications from internal stakeholders and use this to research supplier options.
Track data to stay informed on price trends and market dynamics, conduct research and analysis on external events that may impact purchasing, for example geopolitical events, global trade conditions, import/ export law.
Collate supplier bids and perform analysis of results and negotiate terms and conditions with suppliers for contracts.
Establish and maintain on-going tracking mechanisms for performance metrics to track the value captured.
You will work under general supervision and independently solve moderately complex issues while referring more complex problems to a higher-level staff.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience.
- Other minimum qualifications may apply.
- Proven relevant procurement, buying and strategic sourcing experience including knowledge of professional purchasing policies and procedures.
- Proven negotiation skills with suppliers and ability to develop collaborative relationships.
- Ability to work across different business units/functions
- Knowledge and experience with an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system.
- Dutch language is mandatory. Fluent in English. Other European languages are useful but not required.
- Ability to travel within Belgium, Netherlands and Northern Europe.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.