Mechanical Project Engineer
- Responsible for the preparation and execution of local base projects concerning Mechanical issues
- Together with the Plant engineering manager, provide mechanical engineering support for all base projects when being developed and implemented in the location
- Manage the performance of all Plant mechanical engineering activities
- Ensure that the Plant mechanical engineering works in line with EHS, QA policies, EIA-, Engineering Best Practices, operations and local legislation
- Ensure that Cargill best practices, policies and guidelines are kept up to date with lessons learned and experiences from the project.
- Contribute at the set-up and development of the mechanical-masterplan together with the Engineering Manager
- Share knowledge within local and/or European peer groups.
- Ensure the implementation of health, safety and other corporate and local policies of all employees
- Ensure the most effective technical solution is applied for mechanical projects
- Approval of technical requisitions above certain level
- Manage and coordinate supplier relationship
- Selection, hiring and supervision of contractors in the mechanical fields in coordination with the plant engineering manager in BoZ.
- Approval of mechanical design generated from third parties.
- Ensure project compliance with EHS guidelines & regulations.
- Managing the cost estimation of small/ medium sized projects up to 10% and making sure that all activities are back up with appropriate scope and offers
- Support the engineering Manager with availability of capital
- Ensure sufficient resources on mechanical contractors to successfully execute project portfolio.
- Actively ensure that projects assigned are on budget and on time and escalate deviation as needed.
- Bachelor degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- General knowledge of industry practices/standards and relevant knowledge and experience in business practices in mechanical engineering
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of one or more technical disciplines within a job family
- Dutch -fluent
- Advanced degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, at minimum at Bachelor level.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in engineering, technical operations/PDG, project management. Experience should include:
- Leading multiple small to medium size projects
- Designer with thorough mechanical engineering background
- Being a team member or leader in 3 or more projects for existing or new facilities
- Experience in developing and providing training on technical or design aspects.
- Proven success in developing, implementing and leading initiatives/project plans.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.