Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
Cargill EMEA Central Laboratory is a part of the Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory team supporting 55 Cargill locations in the EMEA region. The scope of the lab covers four Cargill businesses with products ranging from vegetable oils to cocoa and chocolate. As a part of this team, Analytical Laboratory Technician focuses on analytical projects or updating/implementation/validation of new methods and technologies. She/he supports the rollout of the capabilities to the manufacturing sites and provides (usually remote) technical support to the QC teams when needed including operation, calibrations, installation, repair and inspections of analytical equipment. She/he supports the execution team in Bergen op Zoom for troubleshooting and instrument maintenance. This person is an all-around specialist interested in analytical technology and applications.
- Perform registration of samples received in the lab, their routine and non-routine analysis and results in documentation according to GLP guidelines
- Keep laboratory supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipts.
- Identify and resolve (instrument) problems by examining and evaluating (highly complex) data; propose and implement corrective steps in consultation with senior team members when required.
- Support projects, trials and experiments under the direction of more senior team members.
- Use safe laboratory practices to protect self and others, check the proper functioning of instruments, and perform preventive maintenance and calibration of complex analytical equipment.
- Handle administrative, technical or customer support issues under minimal supervision while escalating only the most complex cases to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Laboratory school diploma or another relevant education level
- Proven working knowledge of laboratory instrumentation
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in (analytical) chemistry, food science, or related discipline
- Three or more years of experience within a laboratory or food manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Chromatography and Mass spectrometry (GC-MS, LC-MS) and other analytical techniques for food testing
- Working experience under GLP requirements
- Ability to communicate in English
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/