JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Data Engineer III will design, build and operate high performance data centric solutions utilizing the comprehensive big data capabilities for the company's data platform environment. In this role, you will act as an authority for data access pathways and techniques working with analysts within the functional data analytics team. You will design data structures and pipelines to collect data and design and implement data transformations, combinations or aggregations.
- Collaborate with businesses, application and process owners, and product team members to define requirements and design solutions for the company’s big data and analytics solutions.
- Participate in the decision-making process related to architecting solutions.
- Develop technical solutions utilizing big data and cloud based technologies and ensuring they are designed and built to be sustainable and robust.
- Perform data modeling and prepare data in databases for use in various analytics tools and configurate and develop data pipelines to move and optimize data assets.
- Provide necessary technical support through all phases of solution life cycle.
- Build prototypes to test new concepts and be a key contributor of ideas and code that improve the core software infrastructure, patterns and standards.
- Help drive the adoption of new technologies and methods within the functional data and analytics team and be a role model and mentor for data engineers.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Experience developing data or software applications including analysis, design, coding, testing, deploying and supporting of applications.
- Experience working with big data platform.
- Experience with reporting tools and data sources.
PRIOR BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCES
- Experience working with various types of data sources.
- Experience and skills with application programming interface development.
- Applied experience in reporting tools.
- Experience working big data platform and building solutions that deliver value through leveraging data as an asset.
- Applied experience with cloud platforms.
- Develop and deliver multimode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES TO BE GAINED
- Advise on recommending solutions or improvements to business processes using new technology or alternative uses of existing technology.
- Translate business requirements into application requirements.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.