Spend Data Management Specialist
- Job Band: Professional
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Spend Data Management Specialist will develop and provide significant business insights to help business users and leaders make better decisions. With a good eye for business, you'll partner with internal stakeholders and help execute a business strategy that improves compliance, meets requirements and drives efficiencies through standardization and innovation. In this position, you'll demonstrate familiarity with spend analysis and visibility concepts, data management and decision support.
- Make sense out of vast amounts of our spend data across suppliers and a variety of categories.
- Deliver high quality spend classification and supplier consolidation service for business users.
- Prior experience in spend analysis implementation and support using tools like GEP Smart or other tools is preferred
- Respond to complex ad-hoc data requests.
- Take the initiative to solve possible data-related problems on your own or by cooperating with your teammates, data & analytics teams and/or directly with business uses.
- Ensure timely and accurate spend analysis reporting that provide management information and analysis of function performance (key performance indicators, metrics).
- Conduct analyses of spend variables, data management, trends and patterns, spend analysis concept and practices.
- Develop detailed understanding of the business and offer mentorship or technical solutions to solve business problems.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Actively communicate with business users or categories
- Facilitate business users / category workshops to validate spend data and train the users in using our solutions
- Take part in the continuous development of Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning and increasing the speed and quality of handling and classifying spend data
- Ability to handle spend forecasting
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Technical expertise regarding spend analysis, database design development, data analysis and root cause analysis
- Minimum of five years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Proficiency with spend analysis, reporting, data visualization, extract, transform and load, SQL, database management (SQL Server, Hadoop/Cloudera)
- Background in implementing and supporting Spend Analysis solutions like GEP Smart or other tools.
- Knowledge of working on Power BI / Tableau for reporting
- Prior experience of working with categories
PRIOR BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCES
- Basic understanding of the Procurement/Finance context
- Spend Analysis of vendors, categories, data management, spotting trends and patterns, reporting, spend analysis and visibility concept and practices
- Gathering of disparate data sources to perform integrated analysis of data to answer business questions
- Experience executing the most basic and routine transactional tasks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Independent working style and taking ownership of what you do
- Understanding both business and IT
- Desire to learn
- Ability to figure out how to use new software
- Create new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Build partnerships and collaborate with others to meet shared objectives.
- Make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES TO BE GAINED
- Prioritize work intake, cross-regional work or projects.
- Work with multiple countries, regions and categories.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.