Sourcing Category Lead-Financial Services
Job Purpose and impact
The Sourcing Category Lead will collaborate with our team members to perform the most complex sourcing support activities for our financial services globally. In this role, you will have responsibilities to improve and implement the Financial Services - Master Category Strategy. The Financial Services sub-category includes negotiations for Audit, Tax Services, Customs Services, Banking Services, Insurance and Capital Markets / Risk Management. The position has a global scope, so you will be leading projects with diverse geographic scope in order to create significant value to our Finance stakeholders, managing request for proposals (RFP), negotiating contracts and leading strategic supplier relationship management activities.
- Understand business and function requirements for the most complex categories, subcategories aligned with local sourcing requirements.
- Collaborate on the creation of the long-term negotiations strategy for Financial Services spend.
- Support the day-to-day, complex activities within local sourcing. Work together with Buyers across the globe to execute projects.
- Participate in local or global supplier selection and negotiations, may lead more complex selection and negotiation processes.
- Develop and maintain deep category expertise, cultivate strong partnerships with industry partners and internal stakeholders in Finance.
- You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration, Industrial Engineering, Economics, International Business or similar.
- Minimum of six years of related work experience.
- Experience in Procurement preferred with Financial Services / Professional Services negotiations or similar.
- Strong and proven ability to engage new stakeholders in a sourcing strategy.
- Strong skills to navigate and participate in conversation with members of senior leadership.
- High English and Spanish level.
- Project Management experience.
- Knowledge in Finance, Economics or related.
- Persuasive change agent capable of challenging status quo.
Position reports to: Global Financial Services Category Manager – Cargill Strategic Sourcing & Procurement.
“At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.”
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.