Risk and Security Analyst
Position Purpose & Summary
The Database Security professional will be responsible for research, design and engineer data protection strategies using Cargill’s real time database activity monitor tool called Guardium. The data protection strategies will ensure confidentiality, availability and integrity of Cargill’s database repositories both on-premises as well as in the cloud.
Conducts technical research when necessary to contribute to setting security direction and strategy. Assists others on own team, or other teams where applicable, on all security projects or security-relevant tasks on technical projects.
70% Build & Support
- Provide technical administrative support for IBM Inforsphere Guardium .
- Perform appliance and agent installations, patch testing, product upgrades, and data backup/purge operations
- Work with businesses to identify specific use cases which Guardium can help mitigate risk.
- Research and test Guardium policies to meet the business requirements including producing audit reports.
- Design, program and test automated processes to reduce time consuming tasks in Guardium.
- Incident & Change Management operations .
- Tracking Patch installation and DPS updates.
- Working on SNMP & SMTP alerts .
20% Vulnerablity Management
- Conduct database vulnerability scans using Cargill’s vulnerability scan tool (Tenable)
- Validate report findings to reduce false positives
- Present database findings in a comprehensive, prioritized list so DB security team can use as a blueprint for improvements.
- Compile and track database vulnerabilities over time for metrics purposes
- Work with Cargill IT partners, platform risk managers and risk analysts to ensure risks are communicated and remediated.
10% Relationship Management
- Partner with Cargill Enterprises and Functions to ensure appropriate stakeholders are informed of risks associated with their particular database environment.
- Partners with Global IT teams to ensure successful collaboration through clear and understood measures and goals.
Education, Experience, Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of overall professional IT experience including 2 years of IT Security experience .
- Minimum 2 years of database development, implementation and support.
- Diverse knowledge of international security policies, standards, guidelines and authoritative sources
- Able to communicate calmly, effectively and authoritatively, including in a crisis
- Ability to leverage technology experience and database knowledge, to anticipate issues and challenges in the practical execution of DB security policies within the business and have the flexibility to adapt policies without sacrificing focus on the most critical underlying risks.
- Ability to leverage database experience and policy knowledge to provide guidance and coaching in the application of risk remediation and technology considerations to align with underlying intent behind policies.
- Ability to effectively communicate between highly technical database work with non-technical resources such as end business user.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills .
- Diligent, persistent and efficient at influencing activities properly within realistic timeframes.
- Active inquiry skills.
- Relationship building at all levels with strong ability to influence.
- Negotiation, facilitation and stakeholder management.
- Strategic thinking/ conceptual thinking.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.