Position Purpose & Summary
Considered an experienced professional in the financial services operations space. Uses comprehensive and thorough knowledge, under some oversight, to conduct moderately complex operations activities across a subset of complex processes. Responsible for executing operational activities for several businesses or functions in the region. This includes: operational processes & procedures / compliance, customer / client interaction & business partnership, financial products and services and systems & data management
• Individual Contributor
• Moderately Complex Activities
• Multiple BUs/Functions
75% Operational Performance
• Lead various RTR activities, which includes processing journal entries, process intercompany transactions, handle fixed assets accounting and close process activities
• Responsible for reconciling and reviewing control and current accounts including Balance Sheet Reconciliations
• Responsible for Consolidation of RTR data & Reporting activities
• Ensure the SOPs are updated and maintained on a timely basis for any changes in the process
15% Continuous Improvement
• May lead process improvements efforts in RTR processes
• Applies a comprehensive understanding of operational practices, procedures and internal controls to identify areas of improvement across a BU or function.
• Stays abreast of standard industry best practices related to operational capabilities, and provides suggestions to more senior team members and mangers to ensure they are appropriately assimilated into improvement initiatives
• Provides comprehensive insight to supervisors and individuals regarding the interpretation and delivery of processes
• Measure and tracks compliance to internal and external operational standards and regulations related to a BU or function.
• May train new hires on the process
• May train teams on process changes and communicating the continuous improvement process to the team.
• Implements and provides input to the development of operations policies, procedures and internal controls
• Ensure documentation is accurate based on each process. Ensure process continuity.
• Creates, endorses and delivers assets and monitors positions with moderate risk.
5% Stakeholder management:
• Develops and maintains established relationship with customers, clients and other business partners which include but are not limited to bank, corporate insurance companies’ regulatory bodies, clearing agent, brokers Bus, tax, legal, trading and accounting
• Performs customer service duties to support the administration of the process. This may include sending and receiving instructions, answering questions, working with assigned process teams, providing paperwork to stakeholders, and acting as a liaison between stakeholders.
• Competent in Handling Escalations and ad-hoc requests on a timely manner
• May provide guidance to a group or team with the purpose of achieving goals and metrics.
• Responsible for understanding and navigating though moderately complex information associated with financial products or services which includes but is not limited to transaction specifics data integrity documentation, settlement processes as well as the attributes of relevant market and geography.
• Participate in Special projects to drive efficiency
• Active participation in GPO Initiatives and Global Projects as an SME(Subject Matter Expert)
• Undergraduate/Postgraduate degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
• Minimum 7 years of experience in accounting/finance operation with good expertise in [RTR, I2P, etc.] group and related processes
• Capable of working independently with multiple projects and groups at the same time with minimum supervision
• General knowledge of the accounting cycle and deep understanding of the financial functions.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (advanced knowledge of excel preferred)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Experience working across countries and cultures
• Proficiency in English
• Project management experience
• Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving skills, and decision-making skills
• Strong team player and ability to hand
• Qualified Chartered Accountant with 1-3 Years of experience
• Knowledge of JD Edwards General Ledger
• Experience working in a Shared Service Center
• Lean Six Sigma background
• Knowledge of SAP
• Demonstrated understanding and commitment to internal controls
• Strong knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP
• Motivated by continuous improvement
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.