MDM Solution Architect
Position Purpose & Summary
The Solution Architect supports the comprehensive high level architecture, functionality, economics and architecture compliance of solution options for one or more Master Data Management data subject areas and Reference Data Management. This position works closely with the Global Reference & Master Data Management Lead, Data architects, Global Master Data Management technical architects, Global portfolio Solution Architects, Regional Solution and Application Architects, Enterprise Architecture and key stakeholders to determine requirements related to master data and reference master data. This position develops master data and reference master data solution architecture at a Portfolio and project level in collaboration with other architects, global and regional portfolio teams and subject matter experts from Cargill’s business units.
The Solution Architect understands both technical and functional design and brings perspective from all architecture domains (process, application, integration, data, technology and security) into the solution design of Master Data Management capabilities that support broader portfolio capabilities (e.g. HR, Supply Chain, Procurement, Finance, etc). Utilizing a strong expertise in the Master Data Management capability area, business processes and applications that support these processes, this position ensures solutions developed are aligned to enterprise architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet the financial targets (cost and benefits). This position is accountable for solution evaluation and selection and early-phase project estimates which contribute to the business case.
The Solution Architect position is also responsible for staying current with emerging business and technology trends, promoting the ‘art of the possible’, and driving innovation investments throughout the portfolio. This role is able to facilitate the difficult conversations involving balancing corporate strategies and local business requirements. This requires an ability to see multiple perspectives, steer discussions towards fact-based comparisons, and drive significant net value for the enterprise.
The Solution Architect owns the integration, maintenance and integrity of the portfolio architecture for all Master Data Management and Reference Data Management solutions, encompassing global business capabilities enabled by enterprise application landscape
Architecture Planning and Development 40%
- Analysis, design, development and delivery of enterprise-wide Master Data Management solutions mastering key entities such as Customer, Product, Vendor, Material etc and identifying sources and consumers of Master data.
- Master data solution should also include the process of identifying reference data and defining the technical solution to consolidate reference data from across the enterprise residing in multiple source systems/source files. The technical solution should centralize ownership and security of reference data, enforce business rules and data quality standards and integrate with source to provide consistent and accurate reference data to subscribing systems with due consideration to ease of maintenance and efficiency.
- Develops and maintains high performance and scalable master data management solution architecture by leading solution definition, solution architecture reviews, and solution selection efforts
- Develop the Enterprise Master Data Integration Strategy including architecting, design and leading implementation
- Design and develop integration of source and subscriber systems to MDM Cloud via iPAAS solutions/Enterprise Service Bus and orchestration and choreography of MDM processes.
- Maintain governance process and data model for master data subject areas and reference master data.
- Align MDM solution with the overall Data Governance model with a strong focus on preventing transaction system attribute scope creep
- Acts as part of the broader Cargill Architecture community to define and execute architecture processes.
- Develops and maintains the Conceptual Architecture for the Master Data Management Global Applications Portfolio
- Owns the Logical Architecture for a Portfolio (describing flow and high level physical arch)
- Responsible for understanding the strategy across enterprises on the capabilities provided within their portfolio and translating that into an architecture plan (In partnership with the Reference and Master Data Management Portfolio Lead and other Architects)
- Responsible for the application architecture for all capabilities within the Master Data Management global applications sub-portfolio (meaning the application portfolio, key APIs, transactions, etc.) and the associated roadmap
- Responsible for the data landscape for the Master Data Managmeent global applications sub-portfolio
- Responsible for all buy vs. build for the Master Data Management global applications sub-portfolio
- Responsible for governance of the architecture plan for the Master Data Management sub-portfolio
- Ensures portfolio architecture aligns with Enterprise Architecture standards/principles
- Responsible for lifecycle planning for applications within the global Master Data Management sub-portfolio
- Provides strategic consultation and recommendations for business process design, business intelligence design, software development design/architecture, application frameworks, and/or interfaces during the design and ongoing care of solutions.
- Provides support and consultation for detailed design, deployment and production support of Master data and Reference data management projects across the enterprise
- Primary contact for vendors providing technology solutions within your portfolio.
- Responsible for ensuring Cargill roadmap items are included in vendor roadmap.
Business Partnership 25%
- Work with businesses to establish clear connections between business goals and strategies and the process data, and technology investments required to achieve them.
- Partner with business leadership to understand how data will be leveraged as a competitive advantage and promote architectural methods and master data management solutions to enable business value.
- Provide consultation and recommendations for business capabilities, business process design, business intelligence design, software development design/architecture, application frameworks, and/or interfaces during the design and ongoing care of master data management solutions.
- Regularly interface with other architects, analysts, process designers, application portfolio managers, business relationship managers, and enterprise subject matter experts to understand and evaluate master data management portfolio capability needs.
- Assist in the definition of the architecture and technology opportunities of the portfolio based on new and emerging technologies. Independently establish priorities and strategies, ensuring they are consistent with business goals and economically viable
- Provide guidance and training to Data Stewards across enterprises on stewardship activities
Architecture Assurance 20%
- Manage adherence to defined standards throughout the design, development and implementation processes for the Master Data Management sub-portfolio including managing exceptions against the portfolio.
- Review new projects and architecture for master data and reference data management solutions, ensuring they are aligned with the enterprise architecture and meet financial targets.
- Champion data as a corporate asset, ensuring the value realization of the investments Cargill is making in the data and information areas are captured.
Innovation & Delivery 15%
- Maintains extensive knowledge of industry trends, and utilizes this knowledge to educate the Reference and Master Data Management Lead and other Portfolio Architects on opportunities to build better target master data management solution architectures that support and drive business decisions.
- Drives improvement of architecture methodologies and services. Supports implementation, improvements, and proper utilization of architecture tools. Ensures the quality of architecture assets, and keeps them up-to-date. Develops and maintains architecture metrics.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and utilize this knowledge to educate both IT and the business on opportunities to build better master data management target architectures that support and drive business decisions.
- Drive the definition of the architecture and technology opportunities of the portfolio based on new and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of a wide variety of technology disciplines.
- Participates in routine and non-routine construction, automation and implementation activities, ensuring successful implementation with architectural and operational requirements met.
- Manages technology roadmap to upgrade application, database, operating system, network protocols etc. wrt end of life and conforming to enterprise standards
- Owns environment architecture and ongoing strategy for maintenance for all MDM initiatives
- Provides technical oversight and coaching to others resolving complex and severe technical issues.
- Utilize technical and domain knowledge to develop and implement effective software solutions; provide hands on mentoring to team members through all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Agile practices
- Designs new testing methods and resolves routine and non-routine technical issues with minimal assistance. With minimal guidance, monitors systems capacity and performance.
- Leads disaster recovery activities and contributes to disaster recovery planning.
Education, Experience, Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other engineering discipline
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- 15+ years of experience in developing and leading cross enterprise ERP solutions
- 10+ years of experience in developing cross enterprise Master Data Management solutions in a large enterprise integrating diverse ERP systems (such as Salesforce, SAP, JD Edwards) and implementing an effective, efficient and easy to maintain publish-subscribe model
- 8+ years of experience in architecting and designing large scale cross enterprise MDM implementations with a focus on ease of maintenance and ease to upgrade
- 3+ years of experience in developing cross enterprise Reference Data Management solutions
- 5 years’ experience with business process design and improvement, including the Master Data Management capability area
- At least 2 years of experience in implementing MDM for Global and Multilingual data, implementing Match and Merge based on different population files
- 2 years of experience with developing workflows using Active VOS and developing User exits for business requirements
- 3 years’ experience with integrating with DnB for DUNS number, hierarchies and other data enrichment
- Experience architecting integrated solutions involving process, data and technology across complex landscape of multiple ERPs, applications, hosted and on-premise solutions
- Experience collaborating with regional and global project teams to define business requirements and deliver solutions that meet business goals
- Experience with business case development
- Well versed with Data consolidation/ETL, Data Quality, Data Enrichment (D&B), Data Security, Data Governance and Data Harmonization concepts, practices and their implementation
- Familiarity with Informatica Cloud Multi-Domain MDM, Customer 360, Reference 360/ Reference Data Accelerator, Informatica Data Quality, Informatica Power Center, SAP Information Steward, Address Doctor for Data profiling, cleansing and address standardization.
- Expertise with MDM implementation styles, data models, party relationships, matching rules, trust frameworks, complex hierarchy relationship management, organization hierarchy and data governance
- Experienced in implementing Enterprise Master Data Management for Customer, Product, Vendor, Material Master
- Strong understanding and experience in implementing Reference Master data solutions across multiple source systems, regions, languages, business lines and functions in a large organization
- Experience in cloud technologies and practices, building data applications that use services such as AWS EC2, S3, EMR, Athena, Glue, Lambda, Elastic search and a well-grounded knowledge of engineering and continuous delivery practices.
- Hands on Experience in integrating hybrid cloud and on-premise applications using iPAAS solutions
- Proficient in Informatica MDM/IDQ (v 10.x) and other suite tools
- Strong conceptual, strategic thinking, problem solving, technical and analytical skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Ability to influence peers and leadership stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills in working with both onsite and virtual teams
- Excellent project management, planning and organizational skills
- Prior experience in implementing at least 2 large scale MDM initiatives for multiple business lines/functions and countries using Agile methodology
- Proven ability to work effectively within a large organization that operates using matrix management structures
- Knowledge and ability to support: translation of business needs into solution architecture requirements, application of multiple technical solutions to business problems, and estimation of the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Ability to travel, including internationally, up to 20%
- Business fluency in English
- Experienced in Informatica MDM v10.x, C360, E360, Reference Data Accelerator/Reference 360, Address doctor and SQL
- Experience with Cloud Based Technology
- Experience with DaaS, SaaS platforms
- Familiarity with technical requirements and system configuration
- Experience in Unix, Shell scripting, PL SQL, Java programming
- Knowledge of process, data, integration and information architecture disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in ambiguous environments
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem solving skills including the ability tobreak down complex issues
- Ability to make decisions independently and apply solid judgment within scope or boundaries
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience facilitating meetings and/or group discussions
- Past project management experience
- Ability to teach project and/or other support team resources about specific application functionality either through formal or informal training
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Strong information research and gathering skills
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.