HR Reporting - Specialist
Position Purpose & Summary
As a Data Analyst, you will work as part of the GHRS –CBS Reporting/Analytics team to analyze and discover value through data and information that drives value for Cargill. Candidates will demonstrate a strong ability to gather, analyze, visualize and tell stories with Cargill’s HR data. This position manages the development, creation, and documentation of platform level HR reporting and metrics that provide consistent and clear communication of HR data and trends, including demographics, compensation decisions, talent management and talent recruiting, engagement, and affirmative action processes. Select data and metrics are viewed at the highest levels of the organization. Apply advanced knowledge of HR systems and expert data analysis skills to outline trends and key insights that influence strategic business decisions.
Leverages external research and benchmarks to put meaning and enable action against identified data sets of the BU/Function.
The Data Analyst will work with various Business/Functions at Cargill, HR Market Leads(Teams) and EC data team members to understand/define the service request, identify the data sources, gather structured and/or unstructured data sets and perform analytics utilizing tools such as Employee Central(Success Factors),Power BI, Excel etc. to meet the business needs and objectives.
40% - Perform Data Analysis
- Pulling the list/custome/advance reports from Employee Central
- Builds standardized dashboards and reports to meet business requirements while maintaining a focus on efficiency and repeatability across Functions/BUs.
- Visualize and report data findings creatively in a variety of visual formats that appropriately provides insights to the organization.
- Ability to draw conclusions and presents analysis findings to BU/Functional leadership.
- Effectively communicate, written and oral presentation, of insights to multiple levels of management across business units and functional areas
- Leverage strong business acumen and business domain knowledge to anticipate business inquiries
- Use knowledge of analytics, statistics and modeling techniques to develop and improve sophistication of analytical solutions
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business
25% - Data Gathering, Cleansing and Modeling
- Gather disparate data sources to perform integrated analysis of data to answer business questions
- Skills in cleansing data and data blending to make consistent and effective for analysis
- Ability to model data in temporary analysis spaces to perform analysis
- Ability to partner with development teams to build sustaining solutions
25% - Business Partnering, Relationship Management and Consulting
- Regularly interfaces with other analysts, EC data team, Regional GHRS Market Teams, and BU/Function subject matter experts to understand and evaluate business requirements.
- At times will work independently with Business units/Function SME to understand the business objective/challenges and propose an analytical solution
- Communicate the insights using effective visualization techniques and make appropriate recommendations or call to action
- Works with HR Leadership (COE, GHRS etc...) to execute projects to enhance/mature analytical capabilities.
10% - Miscellaneous Duties
Education, Experience, Skills
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in MIS, Statistics, Decision Science or similar field.
- 4 to 6 Years in HR Reporting and Analytics
- Experience in data visualization technologies such as Microsoft Power BI, Business Objects or similar.
- Experience in handling high volumes of report requests
- Experience with analyzing data
- Capable of presenting outcomes of analytic models and stories in a format easily understood by business
- Consulting experience with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and apply initiative and creativity on challenging projects.
- Strong presentation and data visualization skills and proven ability to create well-crafted analytical presentations
- Experience leading integrated design validation sessions and confirming business requirements
- Experience with statistical modeling
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and VBA programming; advanced knowledge of Microsoft Access and PowerPoint
- Strongoperational and analytical skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-up; ability to multi-task; results-oriented
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to complete tasks and projects on time in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a variety of individuals, both internal and external at a variety oflevels in the organization
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to influence others to accept new ideas or concepts
- MBA from a reputable institution is highly desirable, BS or MS degree in Economics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or area of study related to data sciences and data mining
- Work experiences across multiple lines of businesses
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.