HR Data Quality & Governance - Analyst
Position Purpose & Summary
Cargill has over 150,000 employees globally with one core HRIS, SAP SuccessFactors. The HR Data Quality & Governance Analyst will be responsible for maintaining the data quality in SAP SuccessFactors and other global HRIS while assisting with Data Governance related projects. The role is expected to safeguard the data in global HRIS application in a proactive nature.
The role is expected to determine root causes of data quality issues and provides recommendations for resolution (process changes, system changes, manual updates, mass loads). Within this role, a high level of integrity and analytical skills are needed. Additionally, it is imperative that this role act as a HR Data subject matter expert. The role is expected to master the use of data quality tools, execute rules/checks, perform quality checks on data, perform follow up on resolutions, and follow a Quality Calendar.
The role is expected to conduct analysis that will drive application change requests through governance bodies in order to proactively and reactively resolve data quality issues. System architecture knowledge is required including working knowledge of data models, APIs, and HRIS technologies. The role will bridge technical acumen with process improvement acumen.
Additionally, this role will leverage an audit and control mindset and maintain foundational data for HR. Analysts will track and govern changes to foundational data in partnership with the HR Data Lead.
Data Quality Rule Design & Execution:
- Monitoring and reviewing data that is entered into Success Factors and managing applications, checking for completion and accuracy. Applications include but are not limited to Audit & Compliance, Data Loader, and Info Steward
- Collaborate and consult with HR Stakeholders, IT, Mass Load workstream, Reporting, Analytics teams on the intake of new Data Quality issues to be made into Data Quality rules
- Creation of requirements for Data Quality Rules and coordination with IT teams who build and configure the rules
- Creation and maintain Audit Plans for HR Organization as it relates to critical HRIS systems and integrations
- Tuning and Testing of Data Quality Rules in partnership with IT teams
- Providing ad-hoc support to EDM Queue as required
Data Quality Process Planning & Execution:
- Create and maintain Work Instructions & SOP’s for Processes. Keep enhancing these work instructions & SOP’s with new scenarios & update them on regular basis.
- Determine root cause for data quality errors/data inconsistency and make recommendations for long term solutions and short-term solutions (process improvement, HRO / CBS data correction, mass load, system change)
- Execute data cleanup measures or triage Data Quality issues to appropriate party via application or other approved method
- Data cleansing - identifying, comparing/assessing and resolving any data quality issues.
- Work with team to correct data quality errors and resolve all internal data exceptions in timely and accurate manner
- Developing good relationships with users across the organization and interacting with them to resolve any data quality issues.
- Maintain a record of original data and corrected data
Data Quality Progress Reporting & Training:
- Measuring and reporting to management on the progress of data quality improvement
- Use of Data Quality applications to create and maintain reporting and analytics for Data Quality rule progress
- Creation of extracts and other reports to be shared with HR teams in order to resolve Data Quality issue where appropriate
- Developing data quality best practice guidelines
- Creation of Data Quality application SOP / Application user guides and providing user training
- Impart knowledge on different process within team members and train, mentor and guide new members with team.
- Share the experience and knowledge with other GHRS & Market teams.
Data Governance & Controls / Master Data Maintenance:
- Implement and maintain controls on foundational data and other critical picklist data across HRIS (primarily SAP Successfactors and other global applications)
- Provide tracking of changes to foundational data and coordinate with Data Lead, IT, and other downstream, teams
- Participate in change request discussions with regional and global team as a governance representative
- Participate in project discussions, analyze and provide consultative solutions
- Guide the business and project teams on solutions to their requirements
- Execute the solutions proposed in SuccessFactors in a timely manner
- Should be able to represent the team to different businesses and stake holders.
- Should have strong and positive relationship with stakeholders and clients.
- Will mentor and guide new team members whenever required and enable them to achieve large goals of the team and organization.
Education, Experience, Skills
- University Degree
- 6 to 8 years of experience
- Experience in developing, maintaining and producing data reports
- Experience in maintaining databases
- Experience with Data Profiling
- Experience with Data Discovery
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis
- Ability to review, analyze and manage large volumes of data
- Strong interest in reporting systems to do Mass Uploads.
- Outstanding attention to detail and a meticulous approach to work
- Super user of MS Excel
- Proficient in MS Visio
- Proven aptitude for Data Quality Discipline and client reporting
- Strong organizational skills with proven, dependable follow-through
- Ability to effectively partner with business and IT peers to quickly identify solutions
- Analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent Customer Focus
- Good Influencing skills
- Resilience and determination
- Discipline in execution
- Teamwork & Follow Consultative Approach
- Assertive Communication
- Prior experience in HR Database Management
- Prior experience with SQL / Relational Database querying / Big Data querying
- Project Management
- Knowledge of Cargill HR Databases
- Experience working in a global environment with demonstrated ability to work across cultures
- Ability to engage and partner with individuals at all levels of the organization
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.