Full Stack Engineer
Position Purpose & Summary
The Full Stack Engineer is responsible for design and development of automation frameworks, accelerators and tools in various areas of the Global IT Project.
This position is accountable for writing automated test cases, test accelerators, design frameworks and testing execution activities across Application Portfolios and ensuring that the execution of testing adheres to the standard Testing Processes
Design and Build 75%
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Participate in a dynamic development environment where solutions evolve daily as customer demands emerge over time.
- Implement modern engineering practices to ensure product quality (e.g., test automation, CI/CD practices), where appropriate.
- Facilitate/lead/participate in identification of solution options to meet customer and technical requirements
- Provide hands-on designs, prototypes, and implementations incorporating software engineering best practices, tools and monitoring according to industry best practices.
Business Analysis and Partnering 10%
- Regularly interface with architects, analysts, process designers, business SMEs, and users to understand and evaluate business requirements
Community/Team Leadership 10%
- Be an advocate for sound decision making, in the spirit of empowering your colleagues and team to pursue the best technology choices possible given the constraints we ask you to operate in.
- Coach other development teams at Cargill on best practices in software development.
- Act as an advocate and as a reference point for other members on the team by championing best engineering practices.
Miscellaneous duties as assigned 5%
Education, Experience, Skills
- Must be competent speaking English
- High School Diploma or GED
- 4+ years in the software engineering and IT Solution Delivery
- Working experience with Continuous Integration & Delivery practices (Jenkins, XLDeploy, Drone, etc.)
- Knowledge of public cloud services and API's
- Experience in an agile environment – focused on advocacy and puritan beliefs
- Self-reliant, assertive, passionate and humble
- Masters Degree in IT, Business or related field.
- Experience with mobile development technologies such as: Xamarin, Swift, jQuery, Bootstrap, Iconic, etc.
- Experience with at least one Cloud Platform and Automation including: AWS, Azure, Google, VMWare, OpenStack, etc.
- Experience with at least one configuration technology including: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Additional fluency in other language(s).
- Knowledge of AWS is preferable
- Preference towards open source technology
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.