Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Platform and Infrastructure Engineering Practice Lead will provide leadership and guidance to the engineering teams across technology and business capabilities to build the foundation for modern business applications in the company. In this role, you will lead team development, cross team relationships and core technology delivery to advance the company's engineering delivery. You will also provide leadership to deliver highly scalable and resilient platforms, systems and infrastructure across our data center and cloud environments.
- Direct a team of engineering professionals that design, develop, deploy and enhance the new and existing platforms and infrastructure.
- Provide leadership to deliver highly scalable and resilient platforms, systems and infrastructure and run budget for a platform and infrastructure engineering team.
- Provide leadership to grow team capabilities, drive team goals and prioritize team resources in alignment with business requirements.
- Influence the engineering community to ensure teams constantly learn and apply new trends and technology to handle business problems.
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business or regulatory environment, while leading and developing a team of experienced professionals and supervisors, coaching and making decisions related to talent management hiring, performance and disciplinary actions. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Three years of supervisory experience
- Confirmed experience with agile team delivery and concepts
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.