JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Trading Data Analyst II will apply new models and globally integrated perspectives to generate strategic insights that will promote the company's competitive position and ultimately grow trading earnings. In this role, you will be a consumer of data working across product lines to evaluate new datasets and new sources of data. You will participate in the design and implementation of application programming interfaces and data access queries by providing requirements for models or visualizations and will act as a link to other analytical and product line trading teams.
- Deploy a thorough understanding of the trading questions that data can help to solve.
- Validate quality and coverage of datasets while prioritizing and implementing generally defined data and analytical tool development efforts based on trading opportunity.
- Partner with regional and global analytical teams to ensure we gather, centralize and use the most valuable data for analysis in a systematic, repeatable, and accurate manner with limited oversite.
- Collaborate across the team to define and design scalable and integrated data systems and processes, and focus on continuous improvement of analytical methods and tools.
- Create a culture of documenting best practices for building and using our core data platforms and analytical capabilities.
- Provide analytical tool expertise to design and manage visualization tool interfaces where data and analysis can be effectively communicated to customers.
- Assist in the administration of the visualization sites, maintaining site organization and site users and maintaining site performance and data sources.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience applying business requirements and serve as a consultant to internal teams
- Knowledge of agricultural trading business and an understanding of the information that adds value to trading
- Experience with, and understanding of, relational and distributed data systems
- Experience using data visualization applications to develop and deploy insights and reporting
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Ability to develop queries using multiple programming languages
- Familiarity with scientific programming languages
- Understanding of commodity trading markets
- Minimum of five years of experience running data or data warehousing systems
PRIOR BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCES
- Finding, understanding and using a variety of data sets and data sources stored in databases and data lakes.
- Writing data queries and collaborating with data engineers to optimize them.
- Working with commodity trading, shipping and price data.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.