Job Purpose and Impact
This role is a senior position within the Claims team and requires a candidate who is experienced in the subject matter in Operations and/or Chartering with a strong legal aptitude, interest and a commercial mindset.
% 70 Leadership
- Reviewing day to day Operational issues in which possible disputes may be arising and advising global teams as to appropriate actions/ response. Escalating to legal/ insurance where appropriate
- Handling day to day queries from Commercial teams on a global basis regarding Charter Party details. Escalating to legal/ insurance where appropriate. Pro-actively proposing appropriate c/p clauses in collaboration with C/P clause team members
- Work together with the other Claims Managers and Assistants around tactics and execution
- Coordinate with the support functions (technical, MOCs, VO’s, commercial, procurement, finance, HR, etc)
- Support legal in its handling arbitration and LMAA small claims arbitrations including keeping updated records of all claims and their status.
- Assistance to legal on OT claims including timely provision of the relevant supporting documentation, handling of specific claims and negotiation with counterparties for amicable settlement
% 30 Process improvement
- Identify upcoming regulatory changes and investigating potential and future impact on OT in collaboration with OT Technical and Legal. Providing timely notification of and appropriate training associated with all such changes
- Providing pro-active feedback on lessons learned to all Operations and Commercial groups in conjunction with GVA.
- Providing training and presentations in collaboration with Technical and Legal to improve the overall knowledge throughout the BU.
- Facilitate prioritization and decision makingParticipate in BU/Platform/corporate projects as required
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Minimum 10 years in work environment preferably on board Bulk Carrier/ Tankers with at least 5 years ashore: Owner, Charterer in a claims executive role or a PnI club
- Extensive knowledge of shipping preferably dry bulk and wet/liquid
- Good knowledge of both Time and Voyage Charter Parties
- Good knowledge of both Bills of Ladings and Letter of Indemnities
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.