CBI APAC Controller
Job Purpose and Impact
The CBI APAC Controller, APAC Region will lead complex controllership activities for the Bioindustrial business within Cargill Food Ingredients & Bioindustrial (FIBI) to ensure the integrity of business segment financial data and statements, including published generally accepted accounting principles, statutory and internal financial reporting data. In this role, you will proactively partner with the business segment finance team on business changes and decisions to manage financial reporting, control processes and risks across the business segment to ensure an effective system of internal control. You will serve as a key member of the business controllership team.
- Direct the end to end financial reporting activities for the business segment to ensure timely delivery of accurate generally accepted accounting principles based on materiality levels defined for external and internal financial reporting.
- Provide assurance that the business segment financial statements are materially accurate, oversee certification of financial data at the regional business group level and communicate significant and unusual accounting matters to key stakeholders.
- Partner with key teams to deliver accounting expertise on business activities, provide information and insights for business segment internal financial reporting, communicate relevant accounting impacts for inclusion in forecasts and drive financial control and reporting issue resolution.
- Drive technical accounting compliance and direct interactions with external auditors for generally accepted accounting principles, consulting with technical accounting when required and ensuring consistency with policies.
- Develop and maintain an effective system of internal controls for business segment financial reporting including control deficiencies identification and communication to the key leader.
- Ensure business processes and controls comply with finance minimums, monitor and drive effective financial reporting controls at the business process level.
- Lead identification and mitigation of the financial risks of business process, data and technology changes, support finance change governance and handle mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and joint venture activities and resourcing through the transaction life cycle with required support.
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business or regulatory environment, while leading and developing a team of experienced professionals and supervisors, coaching and making decisions related to talent management hiring, performance and disciplinary actions. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree / CA
- Minimum of ten years of related work experience
- Three years of supervisory experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Confirmed experience in managing a control framework over financial reporting and financial risk identification and mitigation
- Proven business partnering experience and excellent communication skills
- Experience with SAP and data visualization and analytics tools such as Power BI or Tableau
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.