Position Purpose & Summary
This position is a key member of the Finance Shared Services Procure to Pay team. This position is responsible for the end to end process of paying supplier invoices, processing of traveler expense reports and supporting the business units, functions and suppliers with invoice questions. Duties include working closely with business unit and function AP contacts to resolve invoice discrepancies to ensure timely payment of invoices, resolving supplier invoice inquiries and manage relationship with outsourcing partners.
Procure to Pay 75%
- Responsible for processing invoices in any phase of the whole PRTP process (Non Po related, PO related, payment) keeping them under control as per payment policy
- Research statements, past due notices, disconnect notices and other miscellaneous mail and supplier issues
- Research/problem solve supplier inquiries received regarding accounts payable issues. This includes educating the supplier on missing or inaccurate information on invoices.
- Partnering with Cargill’s Business Units and functions to resolve any supplier payment issues
- Completes task using less defined procedures and escalates issues timely to PRTP supervisors.
- PRTP account reconciliations.
- Follow up on inquiries from vendors related to state of accounts reconciliations.
Business Partnering 15%
- Effective and timely communication with BU/Function, Suppliers and Travelers as requested.
- Provide finance support for BU/Function, as requested.
- Participate in BU/Function meetings, as requested. Accounts Payable Support Tasks – Multiple support duties include; supplier check payment attachments, submit requests to update supplier records (name, address and bank account information changes), complete research on returned supplier checks, verify supplier payment information before approving wire transfers, analyzing aging of supplier account credits and various reports
- Communicates with supervisor or PRTP associate professional to remove barriers to normal process
- Prepares reports/materials using complex administrative procedures for use by process stakeholders
Process Efficiency 10%
- Meet all agreed KPIs, run and monitor reports as needed
- Analyze root cause for discrepancies and monitor incidents/issues that impact regular role
- Review PRTP processes and key internal control points to monitor alignment with the standard processes
- Update process documentation as needed to eliminate future discrepancies
- Initiate, suggest and demonstrate process improvements based on current expertise level
Technical degree or advance student at college level in business administration, accounting, finance.
2-4 year work experience in PRTP or accounting.
SAP experience is mandatory
Works well independently or in a team setting, comfortable moving forward in an ambiguous and constantly changing environment
Demonstrates analytical thinking, problem solvingand decision making skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Outlook)
Demonstrated commitment to internal control of company policies
Strong customer service skills
Motivated for continuous improvement
Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance or 1-3 years’ experience
Bahasa Language (for Indonesia upcoming migration project)
Knowledge of JD Edwards Accounts Payable
Experience working in a Shared Service Center
Knowledge of SAP
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.