Site Leading Hand - Beanbri
Cargill’s supply chain encompasses all aspects from origination to destination this allows our employee’s the opportunity to learn, grow and engage in meaningful work that makes a positive impact to our Australian customers and communities.
Join as the Site Leading Hand at our grain storage and handling facilities situated in Beanbri; where you will be responsible to be involved and support site operations and leading operations staff; with a focus on safety, operational efficiency, team training and driving key performance standards.
In this hands-on role you will execute the site’s daily and weekly priorities and directly lead the team members onsite, ensuring they are trained and competent to perform duties across all areas of operation including but not limited to harvest receivals, grain classification, stack building, tarping, site hygiene, grain outturn including road and rail operations and general bunker operations. You will ensure work priorities are safety executed whilst maintaining a focus on quality and cost controls. You will have a continuous improvement mindset and look for ways to improve site operations.
Skills / Experience
- Experience with plant operations, front end loaders, implements and attachments, tractors, tele handlers, bulk material conveying and small plant and hand tools
- Experience in leading high performing workgroups with through proactive and engaging communication.
- Experience within the grain industry or bulk material handling sector
- Have a sound Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety standards with an ability and desire to promote a proactive safety culture and to stop and address unsafe work or practices
- Take a hand’s on and practical approach to work tasks and have an ability to problem solve
- Pass a National Police Clearance and pre-employment medical assessment
Due to the changing demands of the role you must have a willingness to work flexible hours when needed to meet customer requirements
Cargill is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applications are treated with complete confidentiality.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.