This Full-time, position is in Batavia, NY; however please expect receiving calls from a 952-area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill Animal Nutrition is a global business that serves large-scale feed mill operators and retailers, as well as individual farmers. Our business has provided better nutrition for better lives for more than 120 years. By leading, innovating, and transforming the animal nutrition & health industry, we ensure that the customers we serve, the animals we feed, and the consumers who rely on that protein, thrive.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. We depend on creative, responsible, hardworking individuals like you to operate our business successfully!
Shift: 2nd / 3rd
A Typical Workday May Include:
- Assists in planning for future production workforce needs and participates in selection of employees
- Align with corporate policies and procedures related to Environment, Health and Safety and Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory
- Executes and monitors day-to-day operations for all production processes for a process, across shifts. Ensures safety and quality procedures are met
- Actively measures performance and implements leading common practices to promote operational efficiencies
- Executes day-to-day operations of assigned area, ensuring direct reports are following policies and procedures related to employee safety; documents and investigated EHS incidents to determine route cause and eliminate safety risks
- Participate in cross-functional teams and various continuous improvement projects
- Interacting regularly with peers and management to pursue continuous improvement of facility operations and promote a teamwork focused environment
- Operating forklifts, loaders, scissor lifts, and aerial lifts
- Understanding and adhering to all safety policies and procedures
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 60 lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including a respirator
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work overtime including holidays, nights, weekends, or different shifts with advance notice
- Must be able to operate machinery
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Able to operate heavy equipment
- Forklift certified
- At least 1 year of experience in production related work
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.